Join our team!
If you want to make a difference in animal’s lives and are passionate about animal welfare then Animal Friends Humane Society has the position for you! Our employees impact the lives of thousands of animals and countless people in our community each year!
We offer benefits, flexible scheduling, full-time and part-time opportunities, and a daily supply of tail wags and licks!
Check out our current openings listed below. If interested in an open position you can submit your application by email or simply dropping it off in person.
Requirements for employment:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Animal handling experience preferred
- Able to work weekends and Holidays
Animal Care Technician (posted 2/11/17):
The Animal Care Technician, under general direction from the Operations Manager, has primary responsibilities including:
– Cleaning and maintaining our kennels and facilities
– Providing animals with adequate food and water daily
– Vaccinating animals
– Assessing temperament of animals
– Data entry
– Assisting with euthanasia
Please note: All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
– Must be 18 years of age or older
– Valid driver’s license with driving privileges in the State of Ohio.
– Experience in a humane society, dog warden, SPCA or similar facility is preferred
– Ability to utilize effective problem solving and decision making skills.
– Computer literate in a Windows environment to perform work.
– Ability to lift 75 pounds with reasonable accommodation
– Standard Animal Shelter Environment
Hours: Part time and Full time Positions available, must be available to work weekends and holidays
To Apply: Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org